Visual Bible Stories
It is said an image is worth a thousand words, and with that in mind we call on our artistic members to participate in a ministry of imagery based on The Word: our weekly lectionary and readings. We are always looking for images that tie into our weekly readings. Send your images to email@example.com.
Common Bible Stories Needed
- Garden of Eden: Genesis 2:4b-25
- Creation and Fall: Genesis 2:4b-7, 15-17; 3:1-8
- God Promise to Abraham: Genesis 15:1-6
- God Works through Joseph: Genesis 37:3-8, 17b-22, 26-34; 50:15-21
- Moses and the Burning Bush: Exodus 1:8-14; 3:1-15
- Jonah and God’s Mercy: Jonah 1:1-17; 3:1-10 (4:1-11)
- Daniel’s Hope in God: Daniel 6:6-27
- Jesus’ Birth Announced: Luke 1:26-49
- Birth of Jesus: Luke 2:1-14 (15-20)
- Shepherds Visit: Luke 2:8-20
- Jesus’ Baptism: Luke 3:1-22
- Jesus Heals and Teaches: Mark 2:1-22
- Parables in Mark: Mark 4:1-34
- Lost Sheep, Coin, Son: Luke 15:1-32
- Rich Man and Lazarus: Luke 16:19-31
- Zacchaeus: Luke 18:31-19:10
- Palm Sunday: Mark 11:1-11; 14:3-9, Luke 19:29-44
- The Last Supper, Prayer in Gethsemane: Mark 14:22-42, Luke 22:1-27
- Crucifixion: Mark 15:16-39, Luke 23:32-47
- Resurrection: Mark 16:1-8
- Emmaus Road: Luke 24:13-35
- Pentecost: Acts 2:1-4; Galatians 4:1-7
Full List of Bible Verses
On Sundays, we read Bible verses from the Narrative Lectionary. Click on the links below to see the full list of readings for each year:
We can use images in four possible ways, depending on the type of image (more on that below):
- as a background for the slides during worship (needed weekly)
- as a cover for our worship bulletin (needed weekly)
- as a cover for our newsletter (needed monthly)
- online (need various; used on our website, Facebook, etc.)
Guidelines for the above are as follows:
- Imagery for slides: ratio is 4:3, do not include words in your work, avoid high contrast, and avoid lots of highly saturated colors (more muted tones are best). Remember that words need to sit atop this background, so keeping your design elements in the left or right third, or the top and bottom third would be ideal for a slide background.
- Imagery for worship bulletin: ratio simply needs to be portrait (we can accommodate various portrait ratios), and keep in mind that it is printed in black and white.
- Cover for newsletter: ratio is 8:5 portrait, and keep in mind that it is printed in black and white.
Imagery can be of any media:
Send your work to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, and include a statement about your work, including media and what inspired your creation.
Questions about the Creative Imagery Ministry? Click here to contact Andrew Stutesman, our Marketing and Communications Coordinator.