Faith Alive Creative Circle
Monday, Feb. 20, 6-9pm. Meeting the third Monday of each month in Fellowship Hall, the Faith Alive Creative Circle is a gathering of people working out their creative muscles. All are welcome. Bring whatever project you are working on and enjoy fellowship while doing it. Join us!
On Friday, Feb. 24, the OWLs, a group for those 55+, will leave church at 4:30pm for a night out, complete with dinner in La Crosse and followed by the UW-L production of Stephen Sondheim’s Company. RSVP to Brian at email@example.com by 1pm on Monday, Feb. 20.
Young Youth Winter Fun Day
A Young Youth family event! On Sunday,
Feb. 26, at Sugar Creek. We will leave after church (second service) and will return about 6pm. Come for an afternoon of snow tubing, broom ball, snow shoeing, wagon rides and more!! They will have warm drinks, food (dinner is included) and a toasty fire ready for you! Cost: $7/person. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to pick up a welcome basket for your new neighbor. Located in the resource center.
Worship Team Gatherings
In order to better know other members in our worship teams, and to review team goals, plan on attending the gathering time for your teams listed below:
- Feb 19, 11:30am for Acolytes
- Feb 22, 7pm for Assisting Ministers (these people will assist in leading worship, speaking the prayers, leading the creed, dismissing people etc.)
- Feb 26, 11:30am for Communion Servers
- March 5, 11:30am for Altar Guild/Communion Set-up
- March 8, 7pm for Intercessors (these people will write the prayers of intercession each week)
- March 12, 11:30am for Puppets and Tech
- March 15, 7pm for Worship Coordinators (these people will be our primary coordinator for any given worship service, making sure people are present, trouble-shooting when needed, and eventually helping with training etc. We are seeking 6 people to make this team.)
- March 19, 11:30am for Ushers
- March 22, 7pm for Bread Bakers
Church Women United
World Day of Prayer, March 3, 9:30am,
at West Salem Presbyterian Church,
625 W. Franklin St. $5 brunch.
RSVP to Helen by March 1: 608.786.0856.
Food Basket Needs
The Onalaska/Holmen Food Basket is in need of the following: (donations can be placed in the basket in the front entry)
- Tomato products
- Baked beans
- Hamburger Helper
- Mac and cheese
First Teen Clothes Closet needs
Specific needs at the clothes closet right now, as we try to assist groups of young people with job-preparation programs:
- XS (0-2) womens/girls dress pants
- Womens dress shoes sizes 10 and up
Donations may be dropped off in the shopping cart located in the front entry of the church. Thank you!
We have a new book in the resource center that many of you might find valuable, Cancer—Now What? by Dr. Kenneth Haugk, the founder of the Stephen Ministry Program. Randy Nedrelo, a member of First Lutheran and a Stephen Minister, recommends the book.
Your purchases at Festival, Kwik Trip & Woodman’s can Support Youth Ministry
Simply purchase cards for the above stores at the scrip table in the narthex!
To learn more about these and other announcements, head to our website at www.FirstLutheranOnalaska.org
Preschool Open House
Let families with preschoolers know! Join us for our open house on Thursday, March 10 from 4:30-5:30. Come meet the teachers and check out the classrooms!
Lenten Small Groups start Feb 26
Lenten small groups meet once a week for six weeks, during Lent, starting February 26. There are a variety of meeting times to meet your schedule: Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Sign up at the Welcome Center or online at 1stlu.org/lentsmlgrp. Groups will be reading and discussing the book “Sabbath as Resistance” by Walter Brueggemann. Books can be purchased at church for $9.