Who We Want To Become…
Every member of First Lutheran is called by God to become intentionally faithful at all times and in all places.
- We are becoming a scripturally fluent congregation so that every member sees their story as a part of God’s story.
- We are becoming a generous congregation full of members who recognize their gifts and share them for the sake of others.
- We are becoming a loving congregation who bears one another’s burdens while also celebrating our joy in the Holy Spirit.
What We Want To Do…
Together, members of First Lutheran choose to respond to God’s grace through life-long learning, meaningful worship, and generous service. How?...
- We will worship Jesus as our Lord both at First Lutheran and in our homes through music, prayer, and milestone ministries.
- We will deepen our discipleship through Christian education and fellowship for all ages to include everything from wisdom sharing small groups to ongoing courses.
- Our words and deeds will be a proclamation of Christ’s love. Our members will be equipped to share their faith stories, offer their gifts to those in need and love others as Christ loved us.
What We Believe…
We profess weekly in the Apostles' Creed:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth...
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord...
I believe in the Holy Spirit...
We believe not in a book or an idea or a set of laws, but in the One who created us, who loves us, who lived for us, who died for us, who continually forgives us, bringing us to new life each day.
Jesus said in John, chapter 14, "If you know me, you will know my Father also." "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father." We learn the heart of the Father by observing the heart of the Son. And the heart of the Son is deep and wide as Jesus listens, welcomes, and changes lives. We believe we have a God who deeply loved us on the cross—and continues to love us each moment. We are invited into relationship first, and in that relationship God works new life in us.
What do we believe? We, like any other congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, confess the following:
This congregation confesses the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
This congregation confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
The proclamation of God's message to us as both Law and Gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy through word and deed, beginning with the Word in creation, continuing in the history of Israel, and centering in all its fullness in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the written Word of God. Inspired by God's Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God's revelation centering in Jesus Christ. Through them God's Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christain faith and fellowship for service in the world.
There's more... but probably more than one might need to read on a website. One really discovers what a group of people believe by worshiping with them, attending classes, spending time in Bible study together, and serving together with them.
At any time, feel free to call or email our church office and schedule an appointment to talk with any of our pastors! Blessings to you in your walk as you discover Faith Alive!