Christmas at First
- Christmas Giving Tree: return gifts by the 13th. If you purchase gift cards, please wrap them in a box. Contact Kathryn if you’d like to know what else may be on a person’s wish list.
- Annual Icicle Toes Project: Dec 1–Dec 25. Warm socks for folks who need them! Socks will be collected for donation to New Horizons Shelter, a community resource where people are helped during times of need. Please bring new socks for children or adults to the Icicle Toes Tree in the narthex. Thank you!
Worship Assistants for Christmas Services: With the extra services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we have extra need for ushers, readers, and all the others roles that make worship special at First! Click here to sign up to serve at one or more of these special worship services!
- Salvation Army—Bellringers: Tis the season! Bellringers are needed through December 24th. Bell ringing can be done in 2 hour increments, inside or outside. This is also a great opportunity for our confirmation kids to gain some service hours—and do it together! Those interested in volunteering their time during the holidays—or anytime—through the Salvation Army, please check out the Salvation Army’s website, or sign up online.
- Christian gift giving ideas
- Follow our Pinterest board for other Christian gift ideas; we'll be pinning new ideas daily in December.
- Dec 24, Christmas Eve Worship Times: 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM. All will be candlelight and all will be with Holy Communion.
- Dec 25, Christmas Day Worship Time: 9:00 AM, with Holy Communion.
More Christmas Events...
Upcoming & Current
Stay up all night hanging out with fellow youth! Fri., Dec. 4, 9pm–7am
A baptism preparation session will be held Saturday, December 5, at 10am in the narthex for anyone who is considering or has scheduled a baptism. Please contact the church office to register.
Sunday, December 6, 12pm.
An OWLs outing to Sugar Creek Bible Camp to attend Yesterday’s Youth. We will leave the church at 8AM on Monday, December 7.