Lent and Holy Week Schedule
The season of Lent starts on Ash Wednesday, February 10, and lasts until Palm Sunday on Sunday, March 20.
Below is our Wednesday worship schedule during Lent…
- 11:00am Lenten worship
- 11:45am Light lunch in narthex
- 5:00–6:00pm Lenten suppers in fellowship hall
- 6:15pm Lenten worship
- 7:00pm 7th & 8th grade confirmation small groups
- 7:00pm Senior choir in sanctuary
Nursery is available to parents with small children from 5:45–8:00pm
Holy Week Schedule
Holy week is the week leading up to Easter Sunday
on March 27.
Below is our complete Holy Week schedule…
- Palm Sunday, March 20, worship at 8:00am & 10:30am. Pancake breakfast between services, no Sunday School.
- Monday, March 21, worship at 6:30pm
- Tuesday, March 22, worship at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, March 23, worship at 6:30pm
- Maundy Thursday, March 24, worship at 12:15pm & 6:30pm
- Good Friday, March 25, worship at 12:15pm & 6:30pm
- Saturday Prayer Vigil, March 26, worship at 6:30pm
- Easter Sunday, March 27, worship at 7:30am, 9:00am, and 10:45am. No Sunday School on Easter Sunday.
The office will be closed at noon on Friday, March 25 and
all day Monday, March 28.
LENTEN SMALL GROUPS
Lent is a great time to return to God and re-focus our lives to be more in line with Jesus. At First Lutheran, we have a tradition of offering a church-wide small group study. This year’s study will focus on the Wednesday evening worship sermon. Join a small group to dig a little deeper into how the sermon speaks to you. A discussion guide will be available each week. If you miss the sermon, it will be available on our website or on a CD which can be picked up in the church office.
Sign up at the Connecting Point or online at Sign Up Genius for the small group of your choice, based on time or other preferences.
Lent at First has always been a great way to get to know others, come closer to God and learn something new. Join a small group this year so that you may be fully prepared to receive the gift of Easter!
SIGN UP FOR A SMALL GROUP:
Sign up online or at the Connecting Point for any of the small groups listed below…
- Sunday 9:15am—ParentShare, in Upper Room
- Sunday 9:15am—all are welcome, in Room 209
- Sunday 11:45am—all are welcome, in Upper Room
- Wednesday 6:00am—all men are welcome, in The House
- Wednesday 6:30am—all are welcome, w/ Pastor Karyn at Panera
- Wednesday 5:15pm—knitters (all are welcome), in Upper Room
- Wednesday 5:15pm—all are welcome, in Mary Room
- Wednesday 7:00pm—all are welcome, in Upper Room
- Thursday 9:30am— all are welcome, w/ Julie Moseng in her home
For more information on Small Group Study call the ofﬁce at 608.783.2236 or contact Bridget.