Lent and Holy Week Schedule
The season of Lent starts on Ash Wednesday, March 1, and lasts until Palm Sunday on Sunday, April 9.
Below is our Wednesday worship schedule during Lent…
- 11:00am Lenten worship
- 11:45am Light lunch in narthex
- 5:00–6:00pm Lenten suppers in fellowship hall
- 6:15pm Lenten worship
- 7:00pm 7th & 8th grade confirmation small groups
- 7:00pm Senior choir in sanctuary
Nursery is available to parents with small children from 5:45–8:00pm
Holy Week Schedule
Holy week is the week leading up to Easter Sunday
on April 16.
Below is our complete Holy Week schedule…
- Palm Sunday, April 9, worship at 8:00am & 10:30am. Pancake breakfast, no Sunday School.
- Monday, April 10, worship at 6:30pm
- Tuesday, April 11, worship at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, April 12, worship at 6:30pm
- Maundy Thursday, April 13, worship at 12:15pm & 6:30pm
- Good Friday, April 14, worship at 12:15pm & 6:30pm
- Saturday Prayer Vigil, April 15, worship at 6:30pm
- Easter Sunday, April 16, worship at 7:30am, 9:00am, and 10:45am. No Sunday School on Easter Sunday.
The office will be closed at noon on Friday, April 14 and
all day Monday, April 17
LENTEN SMALL GROUPS
Lent is a great time to return to God and re-focus our lives to be more in line with Jesus. At First Lutheran, we have a tradition of offering a church-wide small group study. This year’s study will focus on Sabbath as Resistance.
Sign up in the narthex or online for the small group of your choice, based on time or other preferences.
Lent at First has always been a great way to get to know others, come closer to God and learn something new. Join a small group this year so that you may be fully prepared to receive the gift of Easter!
SIGN UP FOR A SMALL GROUP:
Sign up online or in the narthex for any of the small groups listed below…
- Sundays, 9:15am—ParentShare, in Upper Room
- Sundays, 9:15am—Sundays with Coffee, all are welcome, in Mary Room
- Sundays, 5:00pm—all are welcome, w/ Loren Carrell in Upper Room
- Wednesdays, 6:30am—all are welcome, w/ Pastor Karyn at Panera
- Wednesdays, 5:15pm—knitters (all are welcome), in Upper Room
- Wednesdays, 5:15pm—all are welcome, w/ Mark Davidson in Mary Room
- Wednesdays, 7:00pm—all are welcome, w/ Shaz Kjos in Upper Room
- Fridays, 6:30am—new Men’s Group, w/ Joel Miller at the House
- Fridays, 10:30am—all are welcome, in Upper Room (childcare available)
For more information on Small Group Study call the office at 608.783.2236 or contact Bridget.
Pastor Stanton's Blog
Click here to follow Pastor Stanton’s reflections while on his sabbatical.