Meets the 2nd Sunday of the month, starting October 9, 5–7pm.
- Led by Pr. Karyn Bodenschatz
- Open to all adults
- Child care will be provided
Today's political climate and media encourage us to focus on the extremes on either end of each issue and candidate. As a community we need to heal, see the other's point of view, while understanding on what our own point of view is based, and finding our voice to explain it. The guide is developed from Parker Palmer's book, Healing the Heart of Democracy: The Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit.
Once a month, over the course of 6 months this group will meet to explore 5 new habits. The five habits of the heart are:
- We are all in this together
- An appreciation of otherness
- A capacity to hold tension creatively
- A sense of voice and agency
- A capacity to create community.
During the month between meetings you will be encouraged to take action and practice your new habit.
Questions about the Healing Democracy Action Circle? Contact Pastor Karyn using the form below…